Addie's appointment went well... Here is the verdict:
Yesterday was Addie's cardio check-up in Phoenix. We had decided, since the car rides are sometimes tough on her, to go up to Phoenix the night before. We got a great price on a room in Scottsdale and headed up Monday morning. As we were pulling into Chandler, my phone rings and it is the nurse at the clinic. Beth, our NP had been put on bedrest and they wanted to reschedule us with Dr. Pophal on THURSDAY! I explained that we were already there and she said she'd get ahold of Beth and call us back! I started to freak a little....I'm not great with change haha..BUT I was prepared to see anyone ;) About 3 hours later we get a call....apparently Addie still freaks everyone out a bit and Beth decided to come in and see Addie. Only difference is we had to come in at 8 am instead of 2 pm....no biggie cuz we were up there, but I was looking forward to having til 2 to "fatten her up"....Anyway, we got there at 8, they took her into the vitals room where she immediately started kicking and screaming... then for the echo! The tech walked in and you could tell he was thrilled.... he quickly revisited her last echo remembering how we drive a long way and she was VERY tired! Haha... he knew he was going to earn his salary today! And Addie didn't fail him....I held her down for the entire 45 minutes kicking and screaming and fighting me every step of the way. At the end, he actually said she was much better than the time before...of course you couldn't tell that by my bruised ribs.... we finished the echo, went into a room where they finished vitals.... sats 89...yay....blood pressure...same in uppers and lowers...yay....temp...good...yay! Next we needed and EKG which consists of sticking 12 stickers strategically on her body and placing clips with wires attached. Fun!!! And actually she did ok...we got them on and started the EKG and the machine wouldn't print. Dang!!! Eventually we got it tho...and we just had one stop left....we waited to Beth to come in and check her out and see how everything looked...oh and yell or not yell about her weight gain :) She came in and said the echo looked fabulous...no leaking and no narrowing. One of the best looking hearts they have seen (for her condition) Yay! It was then I realized that is what is important...she will grow in her own time, but a healthy heart is all we can ever ask for. No mention was made of when the next surgery will be and I didn't ask!!! For now we don't have to come back til the end of August... meds stayed the same.... hoping for more weight gain next time, but instead of just focusing on that, I've decided we need to really push her to get on track in other areas. Everything will come together for her in time!! After her appointment we took her up to the 7th floor for the first time since August (just for a visit :) They all thought she looked great! And she does...who would have thought it a year ago, but she really is a miracle!!
At the train park with Colene and Maddie....
Carousel Ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment